Marine Science News Archive
- NSF grant funds new Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometer for UH Hilo Analytical Lab
- Climate change research at UH Hilo: Near shore water quality
- Climate change research at UH Hilo: Fishpond management and restoration
- Climate change research at UH Hilo: Monitoring the coasts for signs of erosion and planning ahead
- Drs. Colbert & Adolf discuss climate change impacts to Hawai'i Island coastal ecosystems
- Dr. Colbert discusses the hydrology of cesspools at Puakō
- Dr. Burns talks about the importance of coral ecosystems in the video "Reefs at Risk: What's in Your Sunscreen"
- UH Hilo Marine Science Summer 2017 Course Offerings!
- Hawaii Business highlighted UH Hilo’s Marine Science Department’s research at Puakō and Hilo Bay.
- The Marine Debris in the Pacific course is discussed along with plastic pollution here in Hawai'i
- Dr. Takabayashi talks about coral health for Surfer magazine.
- Dr. John Burns on 3D Mapping of Coral Reefs: How to Get Started
- Welcome New Students! Download the slideshow from the Orientation Advising session.
- Marine Science students participate in International Union of Conservation of Nature
- Dr. Turner provides expert opinions on fewer humpback whale sightings
- UH Hilo marine science team publishes chapter on corals in Hawaiian culture
- Dr. Wiegner provides expert opinions on sewage pollution from cesspools in Hawai'i.
- Marine Science faculty have been providing expert
opinions on our environment:
- Four UH Hilo Marine Science & Marine Option Program students & grads participate in NOAA Northwestern Hawaiian Islands Reef Assessment & Monitoring cruise
- Pollution and coral reef health focus of UH Hilo research
- Wai‘ōpae Tide Pools in Puna: Unique Ecosystem Under Siege
- Data on Hilo Bay currents available online